VL 3500Q SPOT
The VL3500Q Spot luminaire
The VARI*LITE VL3500Q Spot luminaire is a powerful 1200W luminaire with an audible reduction in noise output, The added feature is a four-blade shutter mechanism allows the blades to be operated independently or in unison on two planes for a clear and crisp image. The “Q” range fixtures are designed for situations where the absence of noise is critical to the performance. The VL3500Q Spot moves and operates the same as the VL3500 Spot luminaire. The tradeoff is strictly thermal. The “Q” range has an ambient temperature rating of 40-degrees Celsius, compared to the 50-degrees Celsius rating on the standard “non-Q” fixtures.
The VARI*LITE VL3500Q Spot luminaire features 6:1 zoom optics, CYM color mixing, variable CTO color temperature correction, a six position fixed color wheel, one rotating gobo effects wheel, one fixed gobo effects wheel, and separate dimmer and ultra-fast strobe mechanisms. A standard palette of gobos, effects, and fixed colors is provided with the unit. Custom gobos, effects, and colors are available. An upper enclosure houses the control electronics as well as the arc power supply for the 1200 Watt short arc lamp. The arc power supply is power factor corrected for superior power distribution and efficiency. The VL3500Q Spot luminaire can be controlled from a wide variety of DMX 512 consoles without the need for additional interface equipment.
- Color System: A three-filter CYM cross-fading mechanism. A fixed color wheel with six interchangeable color filters and continuous wheel rotation for additional effects. It includes a variable CTO color temperature correction filter
- Zoom Optics: A 13-element 6:1 zoom optics system, covering a range from 10° to 60°
- Shutter Control: A four-blade shutter mechanism that allows the blades to be operated independently or in unison on two planes for a clear and crisp image. The entire mechanism can rotate 50º in either direction
- Intensity Control: Full field dimming designed for smooth timed fades as well as quick dimming effects
- Strobe: High-performance dual blade strobe system capable of ultra-fast operation
- Rotating Gobo Wheels: One gobo/effects wheel provides five rotatable, indexable gobo positions and one open position
- Fixed Gobo Wheel: One fixed gobo/effects wheel provides six positions for standard or custom gobos and one open position
- Edge and Pattern Focus: Variable beam focus to soften edges of gobos or spots. Remarkable depth of field capability allows morphing effects between all pattern and effects wheels
- Pan and Tilt: Smooth, time-controlled continuous motion by way of three-phase stepper motor systems
- Range: Pan – 540°, Tilt – 270° / Accuracy: 0.3° resolution